Tuesday 4 February 2014

First 4 days of training

I booked everything Friday 31st of January, and started my training immediately
On Friday I ran 10km just to see how my form was, and I kept the speed constant (14km/h), which meant I ran 10km in less than 43 minutes. But I felt I could have run a lot faster. Even below 40 minutes. Maybe it was the adrenalin after just booking the marathon that made the first 6-7 km easy?

On Saturday I was planning to run in the afternoon, but that didn't happen 'cause of illness (not me) so I only got to run 2km after a strength workout. But also ran to the gym (4 km)

Sunday I ran 16 km on the treadmill, at 12km/h (1 hour and 20 minutes). It felt fine, and I feel like I'm in form. Afterwards I ran 4x100m sprints outside in slight uphill. (Ran to the gym, 4 km)

Monday I trained my legs (squats, deadlift, lunges, leg press, extensions, curls etc) in the morning, and planned a easy 5km run around lunch time. Work was hectic so I never got to go during my lunch break, so I went to the gym after work, but it was packed, so I only did core-workout and stretches. (Ran to the gym, 4km)

Now it's Tuesday and i had my last strenght workout for my useless muscles (chest, shoulders, arms, back) and I'm going to focus on cardio and core. During lunch I'm back to the gym to run 10x1km. (Ran to the gym)

I've also started running to the gym, instead of using my push bike. Which is 4km. 

My goal is to run as many km as possible during the week, but also train intervalls so I keep my speed up. 70-80 km a week should be possible. Maybe 100 km in the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment