Saturday 8 February 2014

First week of training

From Friday the 31st of January to Thursday the 6th of February, I ran in total 84km, this is warm up running, and cool down running included. It's over what I expected, and my goal is to increase this every week. Yesterday (Friday the 7th) I rested, after a week of hard training between 1-2 sessions a day I needed a rest so I could benefin from a solid weekend where I'm training at the Olympic Youth Development Center. There I will use the running track to run intervals.

Today, Saturday, I ran 19x400m in the morning, which I also did in mid December. I start each lap on every 2 minutes. Which means that the faster I run, the more rest I get. In December my average time was 1:28.25 minutes, but today I ran it 2 seconds faster, and I never ran for longer than 1:30. That's good results.
Afterwards, in the afternoon, I ran 10km slow (50 min) to get more distance in my legs.

Wednesday I bought new shoes, and I'm hoping to avoid blizters. So far so good, and they feel great.

It was very sunny in the afternoon today, so I think I got a bit sunburned... well well. Got to get used to that as well I assume...?

No comments:

Post a Comment